Bible Verses
1 Corinthians 1:1-9
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by
the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes, To the church of God in Corinth, to those
sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all
those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ - their Lord and
ours: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the
Lord Jesus Christ.
I always thank my God for you because of his grace
given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way - with
all kinds of speech and with all knowledge - God thus confirming our testimony
about Christ among you. Therefore you do
not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be
revealed. He will also keep you firm to
the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into
fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a rod of discipline, or shall I come in love and with a gentle spirit?
Worship Song
Indescribable
King of Heaven
Journaling
In your journaling you may
want to write your feelings and your prayers and ignore the prompts.
The prompts are to help you and you can choose those that speak to you
most. You can download these prompts as a PDF.
Rob’s homework
'I want you to think
about your own culture – not so much your ethnic culture although this may have
an impact on you – but more your values.
What is valuable to you in your relationships? Are they conscious and deliberate or have
they been unwittingly acquired perhaps from your own upbringing and
experiences.
Think about your
relationships with people now: in the church, in your home, with your husband
or wife (if you have one!) – what kind of culture are you living with? Where
does it come from? Are you happy about this? Crucially is it the culture that
God wants for you as a member of the body of Christ?'
You can see my creative response to this session at Newly Creative.
I hope you that you have found today's message and journal prompts useful. Share your thoughts, questions and journaling in the Facebook group.
Bernice, am I missing something, because I cannot find the prompts for this lesson.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Trish
Trish, the prompt for today is to do 'Rob's homework'.
DeleteOops, sorry!! Thank you.
ReplyDelete